Thursday 22 September 2016

Politics 18 - Human Rights



Imagine a street where a culturally diverse number of families live.

One day, the head of one family, Justin, says to his family that they must respect everyone’s cultural beliefs.  “We have been close friends with Theresa’s family and Barack’s family for many years, and my beliefs are quite similar.” he says, “So, I don’t mind if you wish them to be your friends”.

He continues, “I am uncertain about the families of Vladimir and Jingping and, although I shall display cautious friendship when we meet, I don’t mind if you make friends with them”.  Then, his wife Rona (Bear with me) exclaimed, “We should not be friends with Jingping’s family because of his human rights behavior, especially his use of corporal (capital) punishment”.


Therefore, the children of the next generation are confused.  Should they listen to the head of the house … or his wife?


No comments:

Post a Comment