Thursday 29 August 2013

eMail


At one time there was only Canada Post.  Then, we discovered the Internet.  As a result, we joined the eMail revolution.  Firstly, for a short while, I had an AOL account, then, I organized myself with a Hotmail account for general use, a Yahoo! account for personal use, and Google for backup (although Google gains more importance as this Blog and our future Website are published).  I believe that there are other addresses in my files somewhere, e.g., Bell.net.  Other addresses lurk in the background files of Apple and, I am sure, many others.

Recently (I mean during the past year or so), as a result of registering for various media sites, I am plagued, daily (Yes, daily), by unsolicited eMail from organizations such as LinkedIn and Facebook (I'm so sorry.  I promise never to mention those two names again), and when I receive messages saying, “You have 4 new friends waiting to hear from you.”  or, for example, “Do you know John Intram?” I look for the Delete button, actually, I don’t look ... I know where it is ... blindfolded.

By the way, I am sure that both of the organizations named above have my eMail address set within many associated files because I have forgotten how many times I’ve attempted to ’Unsubscribe’.

Dear people, I think that I know who my friends are, and I suspect that they do not really want me to be their 3,333rd friend (Please agree with me).  Therefore, I want you to know that I am not, intentionally, sending anything other than this wonderful Blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment