Sunday 27 November 2011

Food 5 - Strange Canadians

Some Canadians are strange people.

Recently, a well-known hamburger restaurant was built opposite my home.  This Sunday morning, at 8:30 am, it is cold, dark, and pouring with rain.  As I sit by the window having my breakfast, I gaze across the street and notice a few cars driving into the restaurant car park.  My initial reaction is, even though it is pouring with rain, the restaurant does have egg & sausage burgers on the menu, but I am still curious why anyone would want to go out for breakfast so early, and in such terrible weather.  I decide that it has become a habit to go out for breakfast every Sunday morning.

Now wait.  I have noticed that nobody (Absolutely nobody) is going into the restaurant.  Everyone is queueing up at the DriveThru (sic) for takeaway.  Then driving, in the rain, to ... who knows where?

Some Canadians are strange people.

No comments:

Post a Comment